January 3, 2008

What's Next?

That seems to be everyone's question. Only God knows; the rest of us are just having to wait and be still. I have had to be still in the past but it was just me...this time is different. Not only am I waiting but those I love are experiencing the same wait. From March to November 2005, I kept the following under my keyboard at work, I read it more than once every day. I held on to it's promise. God answered my prayers and that wait ended. He will answer my prayers this time too.

March 2, 2005
March 4, 2005 - Vicky's thoughts
*******************
Sit still, my daughter! Just sit calmly still!
Don’t do anything.
Nor deem these days -- these waiting days -- as ill!
And don’t assume that since it’s been a long wait that the outcome will be bad.
The One who loves thee best, who plans thy way,
Your God who loves you and has the best plan for you
Hath not forgotten thy great need today!
Has not forgotten your distress.
And if He waits, 'tis sure He waits to prove
And through your wait He will prove
To thee, His tender child, His heart's deep love.
His great love for you.

Sit still, my daughter! Just sit calmly still!
Don’t do anything.
What higher service could'st thou for Him fill?
This is the best thing He’d have you do.
'Tis hard, 'tis true! But then -- He giveth grace
It is hard to wait but He will give you grace
To count the hardest spot the sweetest place.
To turn the waiting into a blessing.

--J. Danson Smith
--Vicky Smith

Be still, My child and know that I am God!
Wait though patiently---I know the path you trod.
So falter not, nor fear, nor think to run and hide.
For I, thy hope and strength, am waiting by thy side........Hein

No comments: