January 5, 2008

Just a small town girl in an up town world!


New York twice in one month! Yes, Savannah is going to see Kevin, AGAIN. She plans to leave this Thursday night and return on Monday - Monday is her birthday (more on that later)! Kevin's mom surprised him with the trip - she wanted to do something special for her special son (I mean that in the kindest way, I promise) because he will be ordained this Sunday and then commissioned next Sunday at First Bible Baptist Church in Rochester. She must be the proudest mom in Rochester right about now and she should be.

You never know what's next when you trust God. Last Wednesday, Savannah told Kevin goodbye for what she thought would be a very long time, today she is planning another trip to New York. If God has spoiled children, I would say these two are spoiled rotten! This story just keeps unfolding and promises to be a great testimony of how God is eager to give His children their heart's desire. Our Father is faithful to His promises.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Well, I am still balling my eyes out because I said good bye to your Vannah just a while ago. She is such a special lady, and we ALL look forward to the plans God has for her!

I am thrilled to be her friend, and will pray for the Lord's best blessings on her!

I don't think she'll need any tissues at the airport- she's nearly dehydrated from crying with us all up here!

We are hopefully going to meet someday... until then-

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

Today has been very emotional for me too; just knowing that Savannah and Kevin will have to say goodbye this afternoon.

God already knows what is ahead and He will comfort them. I am so glad she could come and spend time with Kevin's dearest friends. She loved you even before you met!

God is molding them to be a great couple that will bring much Honor to Him. I feel so blessed as a mother.

I hope Gulfport will be one of your first destinations when you go on deputation. BEAMS would be honored to provide you with lodging during your stay.