December 30, 2007

Promises


I thought I would give this a try. I sometimes like to write down my thoughts but I usually don't share them with others. Maybe this blog will help me to keep track of the many changes that are going on in my life. I hope to look back at these posts one day and see the hand of God on the events of my life and know that He was in control all along.

I am married to the man I love more than life itself. After dating for seven years, Noel and I were married on August 4, 2000. It has taken us many years to get to a place where God can use us. I thank Him for a husband that loves Him and wants his family to serve Him. We live in a small town and our life revolves around our family, home and our church. God has blessed us more than we will ever deserve. Noel is a wholesale distributor for a snack cake company and I work as a bookkeeper for a Bible distribution ministry. I'll share more about BEAMS in a later post.

I am the mother of two grown children and the grandmother of three boys. Josh is 29 years old, Savannah is almost 25 years old, Noah is 8, Isaac 4 and Seth 2. Josh and his wife Briony along with the boys, live in Wasilla, Alaska where they work in the music industry. The boys are home schooled. September 2002, when Noah was 3, the family moved to Wasilla. Unfortunately the distance does not allow us to see each other much. Actually I have only seen the whole family one time; shortly after Seth was born and one other time when Josh and Noah made a trip home to Mississippi in August 2006. Life doesn't always seem very fair but God knows what is best.

Savannah is a graduate of USM and she works as a sales consultant for a cell phone company. She has been out of the house for two years now but she attends church with Noel and me as a family. We love our church and look forward to hearing the Word of God preached by our Pastor, Scotty Rayburn. God has blessed our lives and it is very humbling to see how He chooses to use us to accomplish His will. He is faithful to His promises and this mother has already enjoyed a great many of those promises; I look forward to seeing how He will use my children in the future to fulfill the promises He has made in the Bible. I hope you will check in often to find out what He is doing in and through my life and the lives of those I love.

No comments: