December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

I'm enjoying a four day weekend before beginning a new year at work which is always the busiest for a bookkeeper. I think this blog could be a good way to reflect back on the events of the day and let God show me where we have been and where He is taking me. There is so much that my God wants to do for me, He has always been faithful to do exceedingly more than I ever hoped for. He has always been willing to bless me with all of His promises but too many times I simply would not accept them. I pray that I will look up to the heavens during 2008 and embrace every promise that He has made me. Most times when we are offered something new it is a little frightening. We like to be in control and know what to expect. We say that we want something new but our fear prevents us from having it. I want to let go of all fear and allow God to show me things I never knew about.

2007 has been a tough year for me. I have grown in the Lord which means that I have not been in my comfort zone a whole lot. I have seen events set into motion that ultimately will help fulfill more of God's promises. These events have tested my faith and my commitment to God but I trust that God will use each situation to bring honor and glory to His name and I praise Him that He is allowing me to be a part of what He is doing. I have a promise in Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

No comments: