March 5, 2008

What if she had said no?

And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go. Genesis 24:58

Rebekah’s adventuresome spirit encourages acting on God’s plans. She did not know anything of Isaac or his family. She went willingly and we must assume that just as God led Abraham’s servant to find her, God had prepared Rebekah for the proposal. What if she had not been ready when the servant arrived? What if she had been disobedient to God’s prompting? What if she had turned back on the long journey? Rebekah was the mother of Jacob, later called Israel – thus we have the twelve tribes of Israel.

When we ask God to do BIG things in our lives we are in essence asking him to prepare us. Preparation is a time of learning and conditioning which can be very uncomfortable and even painful. Our Father is willing to do BIG things through us and he is willing to equip us if we are willing to be obedient to his leading. Don’t expect it to be easy, just profitable. All things work together for good. My life has been a series of difficult situations and each one has always prepared me for the next. We must always be willing accept all situations and events in our lives as preparing for blessings in the future. If we are given a difficult task today it is probably preparing us for something BIGGER down the road.

My prayer is that I will embrace all situations no matter how difficult and praise my God for working in my life. I am asking God to do BIG things in and through my family so I have to assume that there may be difficulties. With God all things are possible and nothing worth having comes without a price. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Savannah said...

That's right! All of these situations help us to grow stronger, for the journey to becoming a mature Christian...Praise the Lord for all of them!