February 12, 2008

Why wouldn't I trust Him?


It seems that each time I trust God and He blesses me that it would get easier to trust Him. Why wouldn't I trust Him for my next need? No matter how many times He proves Himself trustworthy I still doubt Him with the next need I have. He has never failed me. He has always given me more than I deserve, yet I make Him prove Himself again and again. It doesn't seem that I am making as much progress in the area of trust as I should be, why? He has delivered me from some desperate situations. He has given my family and me good health to enjoy. He has kept us safe when we didn't even recognize the dangers. He has comforted me when no comfort was available. He has proven that He can take any situation and use it to accomplish great things. He has filled my heart with joy unspeakable and given me peace that unsurpassing.

There must be a reason for my distrust. It may be that I know how untrustworthy I am. It may be because others have not been trustworthy. Not Him though, so why is it so hard to trust Him? Too many times I have rushed to put the past as far behind me as possible and as quickly as possible and in the haste maybe I have thrown out the blessings with the bad memories. God has always rescued me and He has always provided for me. He loves me and wants to give me His best. I Know that I can't receive His blessings until I let my guard down and let Him be God and trust Him for the outcome. I must let Him take control and let Him show me how He wants to work out each situation. Not Vicky's way but the Father's way. I have so many needs today, so many wants and I have a Father who wants me to trust Him. Father, You are trustworthy, I want to trust You and I want to remember the days gone by when You have delivered me. I don't know the answer, I don't know how it can work out - now is when I have to trust. You do what's best Father and when it's done I pray that I will trust You more for my next need. Thank you for the memories...the memories of how You delivered me and how You taught me to trust You.

De 8:2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

3 comments:

Savannah said...

That's Right, He has never let us down!

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

I can read my jumpdrive! Anyone that knows me knows that I cannot function without a computer. I have files for everything I do. Three weeks ago something happened to my jumpdrive. I begged God everyday to let me be able to read it again. This morning He did! Might sound little but God knew it was big to me. I kept asking Him and He answered!!!!

Savannah said...

That really IS Big!